HELP! ORACLE ADVICE NEEDED ASAP!!

From: <heebe_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 14:17:54 GMT

Please help,

I am conducting an Oracle security Review and have come to an impasse regarding the following steps:

  1. Review the script output for the USER PRIVILEGE DUMP to determine whether any users have been granted default tablespace of SYSTEM.
  2. Review the script output for the LOG FILE DUMP to determine whether the archivelog is activated for critical database files; Review the script output for the PARAMETERS DUMP to determine where archive logs are maintained; Determine whether archive logs are protected from logical access; Determine whether a copy of the archive logs are maintained off-site; Determine whether physical security over archive logs is maintained.
  3. Ensure that multiple Redo Logs are maintained on Different Servers.

What is the risk with regard to these items? Why do I need to worry about the above steps. Any advice is appreciated!!!

heebe_at_hotmail.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 01 1999 - 09:17:54 CDT