Re: Oracle using HACMP

From: Benny Derous <bderous_at_roularta.be>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 13:09:02 +0200

Ellen,

we are using Oracle 7.3.4 with AIX 4.3.2. on RS6000 with HACMP 4.2.2. We have only one tnsnames.ora in /etc . This file is the same for all the machines.
But we have different listener.ora files, one for each machine. And if HACMP is in action, we just copy a standby listener.ora to a new listener.ora.
Example : machine 1 with DB A and machine 2 with DB B : machine 1 crashes =>

            machine 2 takes over the DB from machine 1 so machine 2 has DB A and B; so a
new listener.ora file has to be in place. So when we do the takeover we copy a standby listener.ora to the
new listener.ora containing an entry for the two databases A and B.

Kind Regards,

Benny Derous
bderous_at_roularta.be