Newbie screams for help

From: Nobody <boris_at_cybertech.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 15:31:42 +0800

I have Oracle8 server on a Linux box.
After I login as 'oracle' ( group dba ) start sqlplus it prompts me for username/password and rejects oracle/oracle-passwd. If I start svrmgrl and try to 'startup' it says - insufficient privileges.
All this in oracle's own account which is supposed to have all rights.

What am I screwing up?

Thanks Received on Thu Jul 01 1999 - 02:31:42 CDT