Re: Snapshot with a LONG/LONGRAW field

From: student <ennaadu_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 00:57:02 GMT

Hi pete,
  i am using Oracle 8- work group version. To prepare a failover site, my employer doesn't agree for a hot standby.. he wants me to go for snapshot replication. I will try what you have suggested and will let you know..

 Thanx !!

EN Nadu

In article <377A9254.51628FDD_at_us.oracle.com>,   Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:

> Depends on what version you're running. Oracle7 had a variety of
mechanisms
> to get around this limitation, none of which were very pretty. In
Oracle8
> you can convert the long columns to equivalent CLOB and BLOB columns,
for
> which replication is supported.
>
> Having said that, I would question the validity of a need to send
something
> that could be 4 Gb in size around the network! :)
>
> HTH.
>
> Pete
>
> student wrote:
>
> > Dear readers,
> > i am trying to create snapshots for tables which have a LONG column
and
> > LONGRAW column and i am getting the following error mesg:
> > ORA-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype
> >
> > Any suggestion for this problem will be highly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanx in advance
> >
> > EN Nadu

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 30 1999 - 19:57:02 CDT