Re: pl/sql cartridge and global varibales

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:12:05 +0100

The obvious answer is to put them into tables. If they are used frequently there should be virtually no disk i/o overhead.

If you want a completely off-the-wall idea though, you could write a PL/SQL package that sets the global variables you want, then goes into a loop waiting on a pipe with a published name.

Any other process that wants to handle a global variable could then send messages down the public pipe (passing a private pipe name for the reply).

--

Jonathan Lewis