Re: Indexes size

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:09:24 +0200

Hi Enzo,

I am afraid your are looking in the wrong place. The size of an index is to be found in dba_segments or user_segments select bytes
from user_segments
where segment_name = '<index name>';

The dbms_space call you mention is providing you with the free space in any segment.

So the two figures should probably never be the same.

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA