Re: Newbie - easy question but URGENT!

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 18:55:04 +0200

Hi Julian,
The error message you are getting is the result of an incorrect listener.ora on the server.
Net Easy Config should generate sqlnet.ora, tnsnames.ora and listener.ora. All files are necessary on the server (%ORACLE_HOME%\net8\admin), the first two on every client, in the same directory. Please be aware you don't have one file with multiple databases in Oracle. Each database conists of several files and is being managed by an instance, a set of processes. It will be impossible to create MANY databases on a single server, especially if that's NT. Two databases on a server with 256 Mb RAM is possible, wouldn't advise to create more.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA