mini SUMMARY: WebDB & Solaris7

From: Mareike Ernst <ernst_at_sipri.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:40:52 +0200

Basically the solution was a manual installation and cleaning up files like tnsnames.ora and wbddrvr.app as needed. Of course I only recommend this if you're having severe problems you can't get rid of otherwise...

To everyone out there: Good luck with WebDB and please let me know if you find a solution to the sys/passwd problem!

Very many thanks to Peter Sylvester

                                   Klaus Sonnenleiter
                                    ... and all the others who mailed me

Cheers,
Mareike

PS:

Original problem

OS: Solaris 7
Oracle 8i

Situation: Only one database (clean, no frills) running. Sqlplus connection (with sys or whatever as login), listeners etc work fine. In other words everything is as it should be with the db.

Then... I run the WebDB install program, specifying that I want to install WebDB into the same ORACLE_BASE but a different ORACLE_HOME from

8i.
Works fine until I get to the bit where the SYS password is needed - there isn't a whole lot of choice here as I only have one db running. Whatever I try to write in fails...

Where does the WebDB installer look for passwd/db information? Any ideas at all what to do, anyone? Anyone else this has happened to?

I've evn tried a manual install but this fails round about the bit where

further configurations are supposed to be carried out via a webpage, which never appears even there is SOMETHING on the port where it should be.