Re: Downloading files from Oracle Technet via FTP

From: Petr Soucek <petr_at_ryston.cz>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:10:19 +0200

jmsalvo wrote:
> After about 15 - 30 minutes downloading, I get the message "Connection
> reset by remote host.", or something to that effect, even if there were
> packets being transferred (so it is not a timeout issue). All I can do
> is reconnect and resume the download.

I have exactly the same experience. I can only recommend using wget with options -t 0 -T 300 -w 0, this will download complete file, and then verify it by zip -T. Wget is command-line utility for both linux and win32, it's a part of popular linux distributions or you can get it from its home: ftp://gnjilux.cc.fer.hr/pub/unix/util/wget/

Of course, the best would be to correct the problem with ftp.oracle.com.

Best Regards,

Petr Soucek Received on Wed Jun 30 1999 - 09:10:19 CDT