Re: WebDB install problems on solaris7

From: Klaus Sonnenleiter <klaus_at_m-machine.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 00:05:16 GMT

Yeah, I just went through the same mess (on NT though). After getting close to a nervous breakdown ("I can't be that stupid!") I finally figured out that the installer REQUIRES to be installed into a new ORACLE_HOME and then it tries to read the tnsnames.ora file from there and of course it fails (duh!) because it is a new ORACLE_HOME...

Anyway, I finally got it fixed by letting it fail once, copying my entire network directory into the new ORACLE_HOME and then I could log on with the sys password as expected. Oh, one more thing: You'll need to set your environment variable ORACLE_SID to one of the entries in the tnsnames.ora file you are copying - seems trivial, but if you're already about to lose confidence in the installer, this might be the final drop ;-)

Klaus Sonnenleiter
The Media Machine, LLC