User identified externally

From: Frank Calfo <fcalfo_at_psateam.com>
Date: 29 Jun 1999 22:14:17 GMT

I'm having trouble setting up a user identified externally in Oracle 7.3.4 on NT 4.

  1. Do I need the operating system prefix parameter set in the init.ora file or can I leave it blank/default?
  2. When I create the user account in oracle do I use the prefix or not? Ex. do I setup Fred or OPS$Fred
  3. When connecting through SQL*Plus, must the user supply a password?
  4. When using this option, does Oracle attempt to confirm the password from the OS or does Oracle just assume that if you've logged into the OS then it must be ok to let you in the database?

Thanks. Received on Tue Jun 29 1999 - 17:14:17 CDT