Re: Archive log mode question

From: tmgn <tmgn_at_excite.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:34:20 -0400

SOrry, the Command to archive all the Log files should read

>Alter System archive log all;

-Thiru

tmgn wrote:

John would have got confused between Archiving process & Archive Log mode.
The DB should never be taken out of ArchiveLog mode unless absolutely
necessary.

ORacle does suggest (in some Books) temporarily stopping the Archiving process
for the purpose of getting a List of Archived REdolog files to be copied and
then restart the archiving using  > Alter system archive log start;

This was just to ensure that the file that is currently being written by the
ARCH process is not copied onto the Backup Destination.

This can also be avoided (ie Stopping and restarting) by
>Alter system checkpoint;
>Alter database archive log all;
# sleep 120 ....or pause or whatever...
and then doing the Physical copy of the Arch files

-Thiru