Re: Question: Importing fixed width text files into Oracle8 under linux

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:12:31 +0200

Use SQL*Loader (it is described in the Oracle7/8 Server Utilities Manual). It is a much older product than Intelligent Agent, and you won't need OIA for running Sql*Loader. Just your own brains to setup a control file. And then of course you could use Bill's Open DataBase Creativity through Access or Excel to accomplish the same. That might even be easier, but not as flexible.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA