Re: Oracle Users

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:09:17 +0200

Hi Nadejda
The standard users are
SYS
SYSTEM
SCOTT
DBSNMP
SYS is the owner of the datadictionary, never create tables under SYS. SYSTEM is the owner of the various product repositories, like Designer, Oracle Names etc,
SCOTT is a demo account
Internal is not a real user, you will not find it in dba_users. It is a mechanism to make sure you can connect to the database (as SYS), when the database is not running. Mainly used for maintenance purposes. SYSOPER is not a user, but a privilege/role. It gives you more authority than normal DBA privileges, yet to be able to restrict access to the database to non-dba users, you need to have the SYSDBA role. Other users can and should be created to develop your own tables, you should leave the above mentioned users alone.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA