Re: Table is readonly - how to change?

From: Ulrik Hoffmann <ulrik_at_hoffmann-kiel.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:11:57 +0100

Stefan Paege <paege_at_el-carls.de> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 3778D788.C38B0674_at_el-carls.de...
> First: I'm completely new to oracle. I have to create an app using Delphi
that
> connects to an Oracle 8.0.5 server and writes records into a table. To
create a
> testbed I got the 30 day trail version, installed it, started the schema
> manager, logged in as INTERNAL and created a new table called TEST in
schema
> DEMO.
> My app connects fine to oracle and logs in as user DEMO, but cannot insert
data
> into the table.
> From within the schema manager I try to add the object privilege for user
DEMO
> to do INSERTs into TEST.
> I get
> VAS-04025: INSERT ON DEMO.TEST unsuccessful
> QRA-01031: Insuffient privileges
>
> If I try the same from within the security manager I only get
> QRA-01031: Insuffient privileges
>
> What do I have to do?
>
> BTW: I'm using the german Oracle 8, so my translations may not reflect the
> original terms of the english version.

Do not create tables with the user INTERNAL because the USER INTERNAL (SYS when the database is running) will be the owner of the table. And user SYS should be reserved vor SYSTEM-Tables and views. Instead, use the user DEMO to create the table and the insert should work...

Bye
Uli Received on Tue Jun 29 1999 - 13:11:57 CDT