Re: Advanced replication 1

From: Glen Upreti <Glen.Upreti_at_nau.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 07:38:34 -0700

I will preface this by saying I am making a few assumptions:

  1. You are using asyncrounous replication.
  2. You are using Oracle's row-level replication, not procedural replication that you have written.
  3. You are using Oracle 8 Advanced Replication.
  4. Anything I may say may not be used against me. Here it goes:
  5. Oracle by default does not resolve this conflict, it just identifies it for you to fix. Yipee!
  6. I believe that the data in site A will look like what it was changed too and the data in site b will look like what it was changed to and the conflicts will be stored as changes not yet done in def_error in the respective database (site b's changes will be stored in def error on site a and vice versa). Since you mentioned site c, site c's status cannot be determined because I do not know where c is getting it's data from. if from both A and B then site c will look like whichever change it receives first and hold the second change in def_error. There are things, however, that you can do to have oracle resolve these errors by itself (by site priority, by time, I can't remember). 2.1 Depends. 2.2 I do not think that they are, you just have to keep checking def_error. --glen

--
Senior Oracle DBA