Re: Housing 2 Oracle DBs on 1 server

From: Glen Upreti <Glen.Upreti_at_nau.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 07:21:22 -0700

I don't see a problem with running multiple database instances from one oracle home, I am not an NT expert by any means, but I administer NT machines with 3-4 database instances on them, all of them sharing the same ORACLE_HOME. I think that this ma6y be a technical writing error where the definition of database is not that of database instance but rather the Oracle executable itself.

I think that what they mean is that if you install the Oracle software, you should only install one version of Oracle in each ORACLE_HOME.

Migration is not that big an issue if you maintain multiple ORACLE_HOMEs.

But then again I am just insane, so you might want to call support and ask them for an official explanation.
--glen

--
Senior Oracle DBA