Re: Housing 2 Oracle DBs on 1 server

From: Anne Williamson <a.williamson_at_its.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:06:26 +1000

In the Oracle 8 Administrator's reference, it states:

If you have multiple databases with the same ORACLE_HOME (a configuration which Oracle Corporation *strongly* discourages)...

Does anyone know the reason for this? What problems if any should I expect if I create a second instance using the same ORACLE_HOME?

Thanks
Anne

--

Anne Williamson                       a.williamson_at_its.unimelb.edu.au