Re: owa_util.listprint question

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:36:13 GMT

A copy of this was sent to AleX <korrozia_at_my-deja.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:04:42 GMT, you wrote:

> Hi!
>

>I have a simple pl/sql question.
>
>I'm trying to create a select drop-down list for a pl/sql query.
>My code looks like this:
>
>procedure session_selector
> is
> p_query varchar2(100);
> v_cursorID integer;
> begin
> htp.bodyopen;
> htp.formOpen ('presentation_builder.get_session_data');
> p_query:='SELECT session_id FROM SESSION_LIST_TABLE';
> v_cursorID:=owa_util.bind_variables (p_query);
> owa_util.listprint (v_cursorID, 'p_value',10);
> htp.para;
> htp.formSubmit;
> htp.formclose;
> htp.bodyclose;
> end session_selector;
>
>=======
>
>I get 'variable not in select list' when I run this procedure. However,
> owa_util.cellsprint works just fine with the same cursor. I'm on 8.0.5
>on NT. Please help!

You must use a query that returns 3 columns:

--
 -- Create a multi select list, a drop down list or a single select list.
 -- You send it a query that selects out in ORDER:

So, at a minimum you can try:

   p_query:='SELECT session_id, session_id, NULL FROM SESSION_LIST_TABLE';

that will show to the user the same thing your procedure gets back and have none of them selected by default. Another example might be:

select user_id, username, decode(username,'SYS',1,NULL) from all_users

that would create a list that returns to your procedure the USER_ID but lets the end user pick from a list of USERNAMES and has the SYS user selected by default.

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 15:36:13 CDT