sqlplus broken not using env var ORACLE_SID

From: interlog <carlod_at_interlog.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:41:19 -0400

Anyone have any ideas why this is occuring

If I set the ORACLE_SID=TEST and do the following

    sqlplus user/password

I get the following error
ERROR: ORA-1034: ORACLE not available
ORA-07429: smsgsg: shmget() failed to get segment SVR4: Error: 2: No such file or directory

But, If I do sqlplus user/password_at_TEST no problem.

System is Solaris 2.6 & Oracle 7.3.4. Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 11:41:19 CDT