Re: OWAS 3.0 and apache

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:39:03 GMT

In article <7l7fn2$gni$1_at_naxos.belnet.be>,   "Wim Jans" <jans_wim_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

> Does anyone know how to incorporate apache webserver with Oracle Web
> Application server 3.0.
> If you have links to websites or documentation on this subject, I
would be
> most thankfull if you could drop me a note.

Hi,

From your post it is not clear what level of integration you would like to achieve. But here are a few ideas:

[A] Using the the Apche Web Server as a listener, this means (subject to correction but pretty sure) you use the Apache web server to service incoming requests but can still use all the Oracle specific services (cartridges) eg the PL/SQL carteidge etc.

[B]
The other scenario(I use the two in the following way) is to have both web servers running, and for example in your html to link to an html file or script from the other. So for example if you wrote a script using apache/php3 you could use it in two ways from the Oracle web server ie. provide a link in html generated from Oracle or, use Oracle's built in procedure(function) for calling urls from within a program

In my case I have a few Apache/php3 scripts that do some file work for me

in PL/SQL I use the following code to call an apache script that makes a directory on the file system for me, something that is difficult from pl/sql

PROCEDURE HDI_HEADER_HTML_dir (ccat in varchar2,hid in varchar2)IS

h_count number;
x varchar2(2000); -- string to hold the results of an html call BEGIN

if h_count = '0' then --the directory doesn't exist

   insert into hdi_header_html_ini -- insert the directory number    values(hid);
   commit;

   --call the apache/php3 [make_dir.php3] script from within the pl/sql program

   x :=
utl_http.request('http://www.my_host.co.za:85/make_dir.php3?destdir='||c cat||'\'||hid);
end if;

END;

--This is the Apache php3 script-----------------------------------

<?
$destdir = "E:\\hdi\domain_Dir\\".$destdir; @exec("mkdir $destdir");
?>

If this doesn't answer your question shout

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 06:39:03 CDT