Re: Orainst Prob.

From: Just4SC <SPAMjust4sc_at_geocities.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 06:54:24 GMT

I've got it working....the problem is that orainst is looking for the file /etc/pw-syscall4.1 where as /etc/rootpre.sh creates the file /etc/pw-syscall. The work around is to copy (since rootpre.sh adds a line to inittab which references the /etc/pw-syscall file) /etc/pw-syscall to /etc/pw-syscall4.1 then orainst will continue with the install. It must have been included with the CD but I don't have the original manuals...just the installation guide I download from technet.oracle.com. Oh well, took me 7 hours to realize that maybe I should look at orainst (didn't know it was just a script)...such is life!!!!