Communicating with OS

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 14:48:00 -0400

I'm looking for options for interfacing with the OS from Oracle. I've imported/exported files with the UTL_FILE package before, but I wanted to explore other options for situations where I would like to kick off a shell script and get a return code for example. What are my options? Oracle 8.0.5, but better if it's available in 7.3.3. as well. Is pipes a possibility? What's the complete list..

Thanks,
Dc.. Received on Sun Jun 27 1999 - 13:48:00 CDT