Re: How can I generate all Oracle DBMS error messages and store in a table through PL/SQL?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <kcstahl_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 21:27:57 -0400

One problem is that there is no real sense in which you could ever generate "all" messges. A couple reasons:

  1. The only messages that are ever relevant are those for which you have the products installed.
  2. Some of the messages are completed at runtime and only have placesavers. If you want to see the raw messages then just have a counter that counts from 1 to 99999 and pass the value to sqlerrm() in pl/sql, but I doubt that you would be happy with the results.

Ken