Re: Why Sequence jumps?

From: <rpdata_at_cyberus.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 18:28:49 GMT

When nocache is not specified in the create sequence, the default is 20...this why you'll notice a jump in the numbers.. Most often it doesn't matter so long at it's they're unique, however I've seen some sites use sequences in such a way that need to be sequential.....

Here's how you can fix it..

alter sequence mvt_seq nocache;

Good luck,

Robert Prendin

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999 16:44:20 GMT, Wassim <net2000_at_francemel.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm using Sequences (as many of you told me to do, for generating a
>primary keys in some tables) Strange phenomenen i've noticed is that in
>some cases counter jumps from 21 to 40 or 11 to 34 ? this is source of
>my sequences :
>
>create sequence mvt_seq
>start with 0
>increment by 1