Re: External routine call from PL/SQL

From: C. <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 21:47:48 -0700

Yes, it's possible but I think it's expecting the dll in C or C++.

So, here goes:
-- Step 1. Create the library that represents the dll in the database. -- the d:... represents the path to the dll (or .so) that is on your database server or
-- some mounted (cross mounted) directory visible to the db server. create or replace library x as 'd:\orant\extproc\x.dll'; /
grant executeon x to public;
-- Step 2. Register the dll Note: the param list is the list of params that your
-- external library routine is expecting. create or replace procedure xrunner (

    param1 IN OUT VARCHAR2,

    .
    .
    .