Re: IPC and TCP diffs to database and interenet.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 05:36:25 +0200

Hi Matt,

IPC is an acronym for InterProcess Communications. It is a local protocol only, it will NOT work outside that box. You MUST get TCP/IP (standard internet protocol) up and running standard block in listener.ora for TCP is (below the block for IPC) address = (
(host=<your hostname>)
(port=1521)
)
and of course you'll need a sid_list_listener block, but you should already have that.
Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Hth,