Possible table corruption?

From: Howard Lee Harkness <hl_harkness_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 23:43:29 GMT

Spammer Note: Replies sent to this email address are discarded unread. Note to others: I will be automatically notified about posts to this thread. For email replies, please use harkness at skeptics dot org.

This is the third time in three months that Oracle has gone strange on me. When I contacted the local 'DBA', I found that he wasn't any more up on what was going on than I am, which I found somewhat unsettling. Basically, I am developing some stored procedures that I use to build some un-normalized temporary tables (in order to greatly speed up the reporting process). One of these is a parts 'tree', a hierarchical representation of a Bill Of Materials. This tree appears to be a problem now -- I can't drop it and re-create it, and I can't drop or recreate the package that references it.

SQL> DROP TABLE sec_tree;
DROP TABLE sec_tree

           *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

SQL> @d:\sql\treebuilder.pkg
CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE TREE_BUILDER
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [4882], [32950500],

[45589664],
[32887068], [], [], [],
[]

No errors.
SQL> @d:\sql\treebuilder.body
CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY TREE_BUILDER
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04045: errors during recompilation/revalidation of CENTRA3.TREE_BUILDER
ORA-04045: errors during recompilation/revalidation of CENTRA3.SEC_PSF_EFFECTIVE_VIEW
ORA-04020: deadlock detected while trying to lock object CENTRA3.TREE_BUILDER No errors.
SQL> At this point, I am dead in the water. I need to find out how to quit corrupting the database. If anyone is interested in this problem, I will try to supply you with whatever clues I can come up with.

--
Howard Lee Harkness

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Jun 26 1999 - 18:43:29 CDT