Re: Operfdll.dll failed ?

From: Stevie <steviep9_nospam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 18:58:55 -0400

Matthieu,

MS WinNT4 has something called the Performance Monitor which monitors metrics regarding the server.
ie. file/reads,writes etc. Oracle inlcudes a script in 7.3.3 and above the allows the Per. Mon. to read stats.
for your Oracle database. Sometimes with new installations, this metric files is not loaded and you receive the error operfdll.dll error in the event viewer.

if you do not use the Performance Monitor than deinstall the Performance Utility using the Oracle installer.
else follow the below note to resolve the error: .
First, go into the registry to
\hkeylocalmachine\system\currentcontrolset\services\oracle7\performance and make sure that the HOSTNAME is valid. It should be set to 2:SIDNAME. Then makeR

and PASSWORD values are valid also.
Find the Oracle Performance Counter icon. Check the properties of it and make st
reads\%25Winnthome%25\system32\perfmon.exe -space- \%25oraclehome%25\dbs\oracle73.pmw. To the end of this line append the following:
\%25oraclehome%25\dbs\lodctr opctrnm.ini Then, making sure the db is up and running, go back to the Oracle Perfmon icon and bring it up. The counters should now show up. If they don't, double check the registry entries for Performance. Then bring ups
command prompt, go to the \%25oraclehome%25\dbs directory and type LODCTR OPCTRNM.Iu
may see some errors. Ignore them. Then go back to the Oracle Performance Moniton
it up. The counters should be there. But if you have to use this method I thinke
they bounce the db they will have to do this again. For Oracle8 the procedure is similar:
Any references above concerning opctrnm.ini change to opctrn80.ini. Any ref's to oracle73 change to oracle80. And any ref's to Oracle7 change to Oracle8. The registry is trickier since we use a totally different HOSTNAME string for B.
Below is an example using the sid ORCL as the default: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle80)(ARGV0=orac)

where ARGV0 = the Oracle system ID (SID) and ARGS = the source of the connection (local client) Make sure the sid name in ARGV0 and CONNECT_DATA match the sid they want to mon,
they can't setup to monitor more than one.