Oracle on a Sparc 20 HELP??

From: Howard Huntley <hhuntleyjr_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 18:15:11 GMT

I thank you for your assistance in helping me get this database going on my SPARC 20. The system "oracle Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5. appear to have installed, there were some error messages during the install which are listed below.

"Error invoking target install of makefile
/raid/raid0/OraHome1/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk" Oracle database configuration assistant.

ora-03114: not connected to oracle
ora-01012: not logged on
ora-01034: oracle not available.

I clicked through those error messages and and the install appeared to have completed successfully, as per a message box at the end of the install. If this is true, I need to figure out how to get the database up and running, how to view the installed sample files. Do I connect to it over the web or Locally using a browser or what.

I executed dbassist & and received the error messages listed below.

"JNLS Exception:oracle,ntpg.jnlsException Unable to find the national
character Sets. Please check your Oracle instillation. "

"Unable to detect if Oracle products are installed or some required
files are missing. Please verify that your oracle products are fully installed."

I want to install WebDB, which will not install. It comes back with an error message "/Cdrom/oracle/orainst/orainst: dose not exsist.

Thanks for the help!      Received on Sat Jun 26 1999 - 13:15:11 CDT