redo problem in 8i on NT

From: John Wang <rwang_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 22:23:45 -0400

Hi, all:

    I have a strange problem with redo log space on NT 8i. When I am building index, loading data and even doing some DDL's, from time to time in the middle of doing the job, my SQL Plus session will just hang and no other people can login. When I look at the console, it says "Warning, cannot allocate redo log space, archival needed, Press Enter to acknowledge." I, then, hit enter. Login as internal, doing alter system archive log all, then do a log switch. Everything will be fine. The alert log does not say anything. My archive destination has plenty of space. I then took a look at v$sysstat, the redo log space wait time is very high. I don't understand why it is happening. Is it because my redo log buffer is too small? I don't remember my SGA on top of my head.

Thanks

John Wang. Received on Fri Jun 25 1999 - 21:23:45 CDT