Re: Getting NON-existing data

From: <rodger_lepinsky_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 18:37:16 GMT

from table1 a,

      (select 1  ID
       from DUAL
       UNION
       select 2 ID
       from dual
       ...)   b

where a.somefield = b.somefield

Beware. ON Oracle 7.3.2 this will work in SQLPLUS. But it won't work in PLSQL. Supposedly, it will work with version 7.3.4 and above.

So, I eventually had to hardcode a FOR loop into my ProC program.

Rodger

In article <376F4EEE.1383_at_nob.nl>,
  Niek Kerkemeijer <Niek.Kerkemeijer_at_nob.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a nice question:
> I need oracle to generate a number-range for me without having
> a table containing these values.
>
> Example:
> I have an empty database (there are no tables in it) and I need
> a query which results in the following:
>
> +------+
> | id |
> +------+
> | 1 |
> | 2 |
> | 3 |
> | 4 |
> | 5 |
> | 6 |
> | 7 |
> | 8 |
> | 9 |
> | 10 |
> +------+
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Niek.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 25 1999 - 13:37:16 CDT