Re: Linux slow w.a.s.

From: XU <xux_at_informa.bio.caltech.edu>
Date: 25 Jun 1999 16:25:04 GMT

Did you set the env variable $OWS_ORAWEB_FEEDOMX to 1? This is not documented officially anywhere, but if you search the newsgroup, it is one "magic" variable that really works. I confirm this with my own experience. Before starting wrb and listeners, set OWS_ORAWEB_FEEDOMX=1, in the user account that starts wrb and listeners. You will see a very noticable increase in response time.

Robert Xu

SteD (stefano_at_mondobit.com) wrote:
: Our company is testing Linux with the Oracle DB with
: veri good performances.

: We installed Oracle WAS 3.02 too,
: but it has a strange way to respond only on the plsql pages:

: When you request a dinamic plsql generate page from the browser
: you notice with the program monitor top
: that the processes oracle and wrbc are responding immediatly
: without any problem end the cpu becomes idle after a while,

: but the dinamic page delays for about 10 seconds to appear.

: In this manner we have a always idle machine but a very
: slow service.

: Any solution?

: Thanx