Re: Archivelogs to a network drive ?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <kstahl_at_lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 08:23:00 -0400

Try this:

Have a set destination for archived log files on your hard drive. Then create a batch job that will periodically (once an hour?) copy all archived log files in that directory to a network drive and if the copy is successful then unlink the log on the hard drive. If you have the batch job maintain a log of its own activities then you'll be able to see when failures occur.

Ken