Export directly to tape

From: Adam Knight <ccsajmk_at_bath.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 08:49:34 GMT

Does anyone do their exports directly to tape?

At present I export to .dmp files on a number of disks then write the disks to tape.
Obviously that is two seperate operations.

We are using Oracle8i on SUN Solaris 2.6.

I now have a 36GB database which I want to export but doing that first to disk and then to tape is not possible (not enough spare disks to house the export files). I want to export directly to tape.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this that they would like to share, please respond to the newsgroup if you do.

Thanks in advance

--
Adam J M Knight
Oracle DBA