Re: Client Server-How is work shared?

From: Rebecca Riordan <rebeccar_at_magna.com.au>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 08:53:32 +0200

In theory, the work should be done on the server, but there are a lot of variables that can effect that...the existence of indices, the type of join, whether there are functions in the query that aren't supported by the engine...

The best resources for you are the Jet Database Engine Programmer's Guide and the showplan option (I think it's documented in on-line help, but if not, check MSDN) , which allows you to see _exactly_ what Jet is doing.

HTH