What is 2 Oracle Processes with 1 VMS Process?

From: KrazyKat <Kat_at_mesa.com>
Date: 25 Jun 1999 01:54:26 GMT

Hi,

We have an Oracle 7.1.3 on VMS that usually has 1 Oracle process associated with a single VMS process. Occasionally, we see 2 Oracle processes with a single VMS process. What circumstances would cause this to happen?

Also, we sometimes bump into our max user limit (200). Is we have a connection running Forms and that user then launches an Oracle report from Forms, wouldn't that then cause another process to be created that is associated with the original VMS process? And if you were at the max processes, what kind of suspended animation would the Forms go into when trying to launch an additional process? Would it be able to recover when a vacancy showed up?

Oracle guru wannabe Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 20:54:26 CDT