Re: Forms 5.0 ( Run_Product) Misbehaving.

From: Robert Feinman <robertdfeinman_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 20:39:40 -0400

You can cast the nulls to char so that the parser knows which one to call. The default in the prior version of plsql was to assume char. So: Run_product(.....,to_char(null),null) I had to change 300 forms when I upgraded to 5.0!

Andy Hardy wrote:

> In article <7iqji3$322$1_at_quince.news.easynet.net>, Rose Noel Kamene
> <rkamene_at_easynet.co.uk> writes
> >Hello everyone,
> >I am trying to run a report from Forms 5.0. When I try to compile the
> >trigger containing my the code I get the error message
> >TOO MANY DECLARATION OF RUN_PRODUCT TO MACTH THIS CALL.
> >I wonder if someone has experienced this problem before and if so what
> >they did to get round it. My code for the trigger is as follows
> ><<
> >Run_Product(REPORTS,:control_blk.rpt_choice,SYNCHRONOUS,
> > RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,NULL,NULL);
>
> Don't put the NULLs in. Forms is probably having problems deciding
> whether it should use the run_product with a NULL param_list_id (of type
> PARAMLIST) or a NULL param_list name (of type CHAR).
>
> Andy
>
> --
> Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request

Robert Feinman, Ph.D                  Database Doctor
robertdfeinman_at_worldnet.att.net Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 19:39:40 CDT