Installer: Relinking error

From: Paul T. Brown <paul_at_bayarea.net>
Date: 24 Jun 1999 14:43:07 PDT

Hi,

I'm trying to install Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 for Linux, and I'm getting the following error at the end of yhe Oracle Installer:

Relinking Error. The executables for Oracle8 Standard (RDBMS) were not made successfully. Please check the log file (/opt/oracle/product/8.0.5/orainst/install.log) and repeat the installation procedure for Oracle8 Standard (RDBMS).

I checked the log and this is the command it was trying to run:

make -f ins_rdbms.mk ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/8.0.5 install

I tried running that command manually and I got this back from make:

cc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 11 make: *** [/opt/oracle/product/8.0.5/rdbms/lib/oracle] Error 1

The Oracle installation guide mentions some common relinking errors that can occur, but it doesn't talk about this. I have no idea what signal 11 means.

Thanks in advance

Paul Brown Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 16:43:07 CDT