Re: Oracle8 Personal Edition - cpu hog?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:07:13 GMT

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:59:18 -0600, "Richard Price" <richard_at_ascend.nu> wrote:

>What's the deal with the Oracle8 Personal Edition 's use of the CPU. While
>the services are started, they seem to be taking 100% of the clock cycles
>according the task manager. My PC is like and old Chrysler... a gutless
>wonder, except that it is a 400mhz PII. Do I have something miss
>configured, or is this the status quo?

I don't know about the Oracle8 release. I'm running Oracle8i (8.1.5) on a 100mhz Pentium (not a Pentium II even, just a Pentium) box, and the CPU is at 3% while the box is idle. I have Oracle8i Personal Edition at home on a 450mhz Pentium III, and have observer similiar results. I'm not sure why you are seeing 100% utilization.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 16:07:13 CDT