Re: ORA-01041: internal error. HOSTDEF extension does not exist

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 13:18:15 -0700

Mark

Here's what I can find on the 1041 error:

Error: ORA 1041
Text: internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist

Cause: Pointer to hstdef extension in hstdef is null. Action: Report as a bug

Explanation:

        This is usually reported when a connection has broken for some
        reason.

Diagnosis:
        1) Check the same operation for any ORA 3113 or ORA 3114 type
           errors. The ORA 1041 error usually results from an unexpected
           disconnection.

        2) Follow the same steps as you would to progress an ORA 3113
           error.

Regarding the 600, the arguments vary in what they mean, and it is always best to contact Support about them.

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete