Re: ORA-01041: internal error. HOSTDEF extension does not exist

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:43:53 +0800

Mark Patterson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For the last hour or so I've been consistently getting the following
> error returned from my Oracle database (Version 8.1.5) -
> "ORA-01041: internal error. HOSTDEF extension does not exist"
>
> On close examination I find I'm getting the
> "ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel"
> error. I think, though I'm not 100% sure, this is preceding the above
> error.
>
> Also, on examination of the alert log I found the following error...
> ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12333], [0], [0], [100], [],
> [], [],[]
>
> Unfortunately I do not have 24/7 support so am unable to follow the
> documantation instructions which goes something like "...contact Oracle
> support...".
>
> Does anybody have any ideas or pointers?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark Patterson.

Your database has crashed - most probably due to a problem related to the ORA-600 error (which is an internal error)...

Normally you note the parameters in the error and send that (and the trace file) off to Oracle...

In any event, you restart your DB and away you go.... ......(until the next crash...hee hee)
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 08:43:53 CDT