Re: NT4, sp4, Oracle EE 7.3.4.2, any issues?

From: <danyal_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 19:27:58 GMT

Thanks--that is pretty close to what I've been hearing. Oracle tech support is damn hard to get into these days, unless you have the time to wait 30 - 40 minutes on hold.

I'll look again on Metalink. The databases are pretty close to 24/7, so downtime has to be seriously minimized.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions,

Denzil

> Hi Denzil,
> Check out the deja archives or technet.oracle.com or get in touch with
> support. Oracle has been making statements about this. Because of
changes in
> NT4 SP4 (mainly because Microsoft made significant changes (and added
bugs
> according to Oracle) in the TCP/IP drivers) you will need a patch for
Oracle
> 7.3.4. This patch is probably available from Metalink.
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> danyal_at_my-deja.com wrote in message <7ktpgm$bso$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >Hi,
> >
> >We have several NT servers running NT 4 SP3, Oracle EE 7.3.4.2. Due
> >Y2K compliance issues, I need to apply Service Pack 4. I have been
> >told that Enterprise Manager will have to be upgraded on these
> >machines, which is no problem. Does anyone know of any other issues
> >involving V7 and Service Pack 4? During some initial testing a few
> >months ago( using 7.3.4 and Service Pack 4), we failed to even get a
> >clean install under SP4. Any ideas, questions, comments?
> >

> >TIA,
> >
> >Denzil
> >

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 14:27:58 CDT