Re: Oracle Agent

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 19:01:37 +0200

Hi Jonathan,
As you don't provide any detail about your Oracle version and the behavior of the Agent has changed several times, I can provide a generic reply only. From 7.3.4 onwards the agent should start automagically :) It can be started manually by running lnsrctl<xx> from a dos box and issue the command dbsnmp_start. To verify the operation use dbsnmp_status. The shortest way to find out whether it exists is searching for the dbsnmp.exe file.
I have a feeling there is more going on there. What could help is delete all *.q files in %ORACLE_HOME%/network/agent directory tree.
Operation of the Agent is logged in %ORACLE_HOME%/network/log/dbsmpc.log and dbsnmpw.log.

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA