Re: Oracle and Firewall

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:55:50 +0200

Hi Wanni,
It's sqlnet 2 actually, which uses two ports for a connection, the second port is negotiated between the client and the server, the numbers are more or less random. In Oracle 8 you have the option of sharing the port 1521 for two-way communications. In Oracle 7/sqlnet2 you could consider setting up protocol.ora on the server, which enables you to limit or extend the range of invited/excluded nodes and ports.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA