Re: shutdown immediate

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:13:57 -0700

Wanni

Without knowing more of your configuration, it's impossible to say what's happening. Yes it's possible you could be rolling back a huge transaction, but you'd need to monitor exactly where the I/O is occurring before that can be confirmed.

The shutdown abort is cleaned up by instance recovery on next startup, so there's no issues about consistency etc.

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete