shutdown immediate

From: Wanni <wanni_at_mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:29:55 +0800

HI Readers,

From what I know, shutdown immediate will terminate all current transactions and does a 'graceful' shutdown down. But when I 'hang' at the shutdown immediate command for sometime, and noticing that the disk activity is high, could that mean, it is rollbacking some huge huge active transactions in the rollback segments?

We have the shutdown immediate going for about 30mins and it was still running. instead, we did a shutdown abort. the next time the database was brought up, it was ok.

When we issue shudown immediate again, the same problem persists.

What's the logic explanation here?

Thanks for your replies :) Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 10:29:55 CDT