Can't connect to Oracle7 DB from 8i client

From: Joe <joetin_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:03:15 +0800

Recently, I upgrade from Oracle 7.3.4 to Oracle 8i 8.1.5 on Solaris 2.6, both
database and client. I can connect from local machine through SQL*Net to local
database. However, I can't connect to remote Oracle7 DB (7.3.3 on HP-UX 10.20),
which I could connect before, through firewall.

I can tnsping from 8i to the remote DB and I can use old sqlplus from Oracle7
connect to the remote DB. But when I use 8i sqlplus and enter password, the sqlplus program hangs. I observe the listener.log in remote DB and the file indicates it accepts both tnsping and connect-request of 8i and 7 sqlplus.
But the 8i sqlplus hangs.

Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance.

Joe
joetin_at_netvigator.com Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 10:03:15 CDT