Pls Help: Recover snapshot after the refresh group is broken

From: Jian Hu <jian.hu_at_seasy.mail.abb.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:57:58 +0200

Greetings Everyone,

I have two 7.3.2 ORDB servers running on two NT PCs. One is the master site and the other the snapshot site. The two servers are created during oracle installation. Both of them have the Advance Replication Option installed but we don't want to use it since our eventuall target machine may be running pre-7.3 servers. On the master site I setup a few tables with snapshot logs. On the snapshot site I setup the public database link to the master site and created a few simple, read-only snapshots. By default a refresh group is created for each snapshot. The refresh interval for the snapshots is set to 10 seconds and the method to fast. Things work fine at this stage. The snapshot are updated when I make changes to the master tables.

Then I take down the master server, wait for a while (long enough for the snapshots to attempt 16 updates -- according to Oracle doc.) so the refresh groups get broken, take the master server up, and run dbms_refresh.refresh on each of the refresh groups. According to Oracle doc. this last step should bring the snapshots back to work. But no. The snapshots can now only be updated (refreshed) manually, although the refresh groups are no longer broken.

Any ideas and suggestions are most appreciated.

Jian Hu Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 08:57:58 CDT