Re: executing a query in a Stored Procedure

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:22:57 +0200

nealgran_at_my-deja.com wrote in message <7krcta$g8j$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
>When I try to perform a query in a stored procedure it does not compile.
>
>The PL/SQL syntax I used is as follows:
>
> Create Procedure GetInfo AS
> BEGIN
> select Field1 from MyTable;
> END;
>
>Does this have to do with the handling of the resultant table from the
>query? If I replace the query with a directive the Stored procedure
>compiles.

RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. RTFM. Hey, I like to help people with Oracle problems. But then they must be prepared to learn and help themselves. Such an elementary question shows that you have not even bother to look at the PL/SQL manual. Please do and then come back with a real problem.

Billy Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 02:22:57 CDT